- Secret documents show congestion will worsen after WestCONnex: Fairfax Media revealed the government’s own traffic modelling shows the $15bn tollway will do little to ease Sydney traffic.
- Committee for Sydney exposed as Committee for Itself: Its CEO, Dr Tim Williams, slammed WestCONnex in a heavily researched University of Sydney presentation. But less than a week after Fairfax Media reported it, he was forced to make a groveling apology to the pro-business lobby’s board and members – many of which stand to profit hugely from WestCONnex.
- Tolls, tolls, tolls: Fairfax Media also revealed WestCONnex will see a slew of new tolls introduced on old roads, and that its toll cap will now be $11 – much higher than previously claimed.
- Independent traffic modeling confirms WestCONnex will be a disaster: The second WestCONnex report released by City of Sydney confirmed the tollway will significantly worsen traffic on many inner-city streets and Parramatta Road, and struggle to make enough money to allow the Stage 3 tunnel between Haberfield and St Peters to be built.
- More parkland to be taken. Cintra Park Hockey Field in Concord is the latest to fall victim to WestCONnex after being identified as the construction midpoint for the M4 East tunnel.
- Duncan Gay turns to insults (again): After intervening in the Committee for Sydney / Tim Williams affair, the Roads Minister went on an extraordinary tirade against residents opposed to the toll road at an industry lunch, sparking a reaction that prompted the Sydney Morning Herald to publish a special edition of its Letters section.